mise-en-scene If i were a boy

L/O: To explore and analyse how mise-en-scene is used to create meaning in the video for If I Were A Boy.

Lighting
high contrast
shadows
different angles/different camera placement
tones/brightness



Colour
filter
monochrome creates an emotional effect


 In this part of the video BeyoncĂ© shown in close up.
Here the lighting style has changed from hight key to low key
In my opinion this part of the video s lit this way because its showing an understanding

'If I Were A Boy'
  This video is used to present her views on feminism and how males dominate .

The music videos for Bruno Mars 'Uptown Funk' and Beyoncé's 'If I Were A Boy' have a very contrasting use of lighting and colour.
For example the lighting in 'If I Were A Boy' high contrast and shadows and the monochrome colour. Uptown Funk uses high-key lighting and the colours are primary so it shows that its upbeat happy and lively. This shows that Uptown Funk is more of a happy song and If I Were A Boy is more serious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Lounge

Gratification Theory